Why this blog?

In my 26 years of life I have found that the most awkward, peculiar things happen to me. No matter the group of people, I always have some type of story to tell... sometimes unbelievable. I can't be embarrassed anymore, yet just say to myself with a smile, "Only me!"

Monday, March 8, 2010

The pictire above...

Let me tell you the story about the picture at the top of my blog. This just happened last week in Kalimpong, India. The Hindu's have a festival called, "Holi" where they fling colors (paint, colored water and powder) all over each other. It look quite fun with some people, but also a bit rough with some others. My friend Amy and I decided to venture out into town the day of Holi. We were on Main Rd. minding our own business as we watched some young men have a massive paint fight in the middle of the road. Amy and I tried to blend in with the onlookers and took some pictures. As I was looking through the lens I saw one boy point straight at us and started towards us. "I think we should get going," I told Amy in a hurry. Just then one boy was chasing Amy down an alley way. She was loudly screaming and shouting, "No! NO! You will NOT put that on me!!"
I was trying to snap a photo of this and out of the corner of my eye I saw a boy covered in silver paint lunging towards me. I took off and sprinted down the sidewalk, pushing people outta my way. I ran far and when I got to some steps, stopped to look and see where Amy was. I thought for sure this boy would have given up and gone back to his friends.. nope. Just then the boy grabs my arm, pulls me into him and smeared my cheek and hair with silver paint. I just yelled, "NoooooOOOOooooo!!!!" and squatted down. The perpetrator took off and I wiped the paint form my eye to look for Amy.
When she did emerge from the crowd, she had no paint on her, yet a big smile and lots of laughs. As we walked through town people stopped and starred and had a good laugh in my humiliation. But it was all in fun... not voluntary, though. Only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment