Why this blog?

In my 26 years of life I have found that the most awkward, peculiar things happen to me. No matter the group of people, I always have some type of story to tell... sometimes unbelievable. I can't be embarrassed anymore, yet just say to myself with a smile, "Only me!"

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cycling Nightmare!

I like how I feel after a work out and LOVE the way I look when I lose weight. My friend KJ got me to come to my first cycling class. To say I was nervous was an understatement. The last time I road a bike I was blacking out at my friends front door. Yes, it was about 100 degrees outside at the time, I was biking uphill and I am very susceptible to heat exhaustion.. but nonetheless it was dramatic and frightening. I had this fear that, though the bike was stationary and in an air conditioned room, I would pass out and make a fool of myself. But despite my fears I showed up early Monday morning ready for a spin!

I felt good, had my morning coffee sans breakfast; first mistake. I went into the class and saw some friends of mine and the teacher helped set up the bike for me. As I mounted the position felt a bit awkward. Not only was my bottom feeling violated, I couldn't see how I was gonna peddle without holding the handle bars. It took some time but I got the gist! I started to get some confidence and as the first two warm up songs played I bopped to the beat. All was going great. Then the fast paced, "Jai Ho" song came on. My heart was fluttering with the fast beat... sweat was already pouring down my face. When the instructor says, "OK! Up off the seat!" I looked at her shocked. She was telling us to turn up the tension on the bike but I had no flippin' clue how to. So to not look like a fool I stood up (the bike was set on the least tension) and began running on the bike. About ten seconds passed... a cold sweat came over me as I felt all life drain from my face. I hear the instructor ask, "Excuse me? Are you alright?... Don't stop peddling! Keep moving.." Her words became very fuzzy as the grayish stars blinded my vision. I tried holding up one hand to show I was done but it seemed like I had lost all function of my limbs. Nausea came over me and if I did not bolt for the bathroom my fellow spinners were going to witness something gross. I threw myself off the bike and zombie-stomped my way out and for the bathroom. Yeah, I pretty much almost passed out in Cycling Class.

Next Monday I WILL be back... this time I will eat breakfast and learn how to control the tension in the bike. If someone needed to pass out or puke their brains out it would have had to of been me... *sigh... Only Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment